Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pose - ElevenRig

Pose 1
Reference image for pose 1.
Final pose for pose 1.

For this pose, I started with the legs. It was not easy to cross the legs as when I tried to position it the way the picture shows it, the legs go through each other. Next I move on to the arms and hands. I rescaled the hands as the hands were too big and tried to position them but as the arms were too short and I could not bend the model's back too much as it would look unnatural, The arms did not rest on the thighs. Then I moved on to the head. Tilting the head is easy but adjusting the eyes is too hard as if I attempt to adjust the eyes like the picture, it will be deformed and it will not attain the eye shape in the picture. I adjusted the lips and jaws to produce a natural smile. I think this pose is a decent job as this rig gives multiple options like adjusting the eyes.

Pose 2
 Reference image for pose 2.
 Final pose for pose 2.

I found this pose tough as I was unclear about the upper part of the body. I started with the legs as it was easy. I went on to do the body, arms and hands. The position of the upper body was difficult to get and my teacher helped me by adjusting the back and the hands, commenting that making it look natural and nicer is better than strictly following the picture. I also had a hard time attaing the position of the head as I tilted the head in different angles but cannot seem to get the feel the picture is showing but in the end I managed to get a acceptable angle. I tried to make the eyes like the model in the picture but the rig has limitations so I ended up with the one in the rig. I personally like the expression of the model for this pose and I also like the expression I have adjusted for the rig.

Pose 3
 Reference image for pose 3.
Final pose for pose 3.

For this pose, it looks quite tough and again, I started with the legs. I had trouble with the back as my teacher asked me where the weight is leaning to and I got it wrong. It took me a few tries to get this posture but it still feels like the weight is not totally correct. Overall I think the position of the legs were done well but the upper part of the body needs more improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment