Sunday, July 24, 2011

Squash & Stretch



I created a sphere. Then, I grouped it twice. The first group is to handle rotation and the other group to handle translates. I create a deformer and parent it to the group that handle translates. Next, I lock the unused attributes for each group and the deformer.

I followed the table below.


Keyframe No.
Translate X
Translate Y
1
-12
5
12
-9
0.5 (ground)
25
-6.1
3.9
37
-3
0.5
50
-0.2
2.8
62
2.7
0.5
75
6
1.6
87
8.8
0.5
100
12
0.5


Next I open the graph editor and flattened the top tangents and broke the bottom tangents to make the curve steeper for a more realistic feel.

Next I set stretches 1 frame before the ball touches the ground, set squashes at the frame where the ball touches the ground and normalise the ball 2 frames after the ball touches the ground.

Lastly, I set the keyframe at frame 0 for 0 rotation and then another at frame 100 for -1200 Z-rotation.


I learned to use the deformer to squash and stretch the ball by changing the factor value. I learned to lock attributes to narrow down the points i am required to edit to make animating the ball a much easier task. Creating different groups can be used to edit a certain factor of the object which is certainly a method to make animation easier than having all the factors lumping into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment