Sunday, July 24, 2011

Keyframes and the Graph Editor

Exercise 1



First, I select the ball and set keyframe at frame 1


I shifted the ball to the other end and set keyframe at frame 72


I clicked frame 33, shifted the ball just above the fence and set keyframe at that frame


I clicked frame 50, shifted the ball to sit on the ground and set keyframe at that frame


I clicked frame 60, shifted the ball up to less than half the height of the ball at frame 33 and set keyframe at that frame


I clicked animation preferences and set max playback speed to 24 frames per second


I used the graph editor to make the bounce more lifelike 


I used playblast to record the animation and saved it as a movie file

Exercise 2
Relying on what I have learned in lab 1, I made an animation of a ball bouncing without squash and stretch.



This is my graph for the bouncing ball animation above

I learned about keyframing, pressing s to set keyframe, right click at frame to copy/delete frame and usage of graph editor to enhance my animation by moving the tangents at the points. I also learned about 24 fps being applicable to our country. I also learn to apply animation principle of arc as gravity cause the ball to bounce in the path of an arc and not a straight line.

No comments:

Post a Comment